|Salary: £20-30k (depending on experience) + benefits|
|Location: UK-based. Flexible/remote options are available – the role-holder needs to be based in the UK and spend at least 1-2 days a month in our Birmingham office (once the pandemic is over).|
|Working hours: Monday to Friday, (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)|
|Reporting to: Head of Operations|
|Deadline for application: 22nd of October 2021|
|Interviews will be held remotely via Zoom|
We are looking for a service-minded Junior Application Support Engineer with a can-do attitude, aptitude for problem-solving and a passion for technology.
This is a great opportunity for an early-career developer to enhance your skills, as you will be able to work across the operations and development teams in a supportive, learning-focused environment.
You will be responsible for helping maintain our systems as well as helping our customers with their support queries, and escalating if necessary. You will help us ensure that the work we produce meets and surpasses user needs and expectations.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work with a team of developers and designers to find end-to-end solutions to important problems.
- Help building and maintaining applications.
- Supporting and developing our suite of customer-facing products.
- Supporting and developing our suite of patient-facing products.
- Resolving support queries raised by our users and customers quickly and effectively.
- Identification and replication of software problems and where appropriate the provision of a workaround to our end-users.
- Anticipating, managing and resolving potential issues with the solutions we deliver.
- Provide support to customers concerning the configuration of our products.
- Continuously looking for improvements in the support experience.
- Seeking to expose user friction and reliability concerns within our processes.
- Reviewing tickets raised internally to ensure they are properly investigated and contain sufficient information for inclusion in the backlog.
- Creating supporting documentation and training materials as required.
- Assist the development team with administrative tasks and practice requests (e.g. generating user reports).
- Analyse and report on high impact areas that help us fix multiple problems.
To be great at this job we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- You have an understanding of web technologies and a foundation knowledge of web development.
- You have experience in providing excellent customer support.
- You understand business processes involving the interaction of a number of different systems.
- You have a passion for technical troubleshooting, understanding and solving technical problems for our customers independently.
- You have an understanding of bug triage and updating tickets with your findings.
- You proactively reach out to the team to seek out knowledge where gaps are identified.
- Ability to rapidly understand and become competent with unknown software and technologies.
- You have excellent listening and communication skills when collaborating within the team or supporting our customers and users.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment or have experience of working in a start-up environment.
- You are good at receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- You have great organisational skills.
The following knowledge and experience would also be helpful, though not essential, so if you have any experience with some/any of them, we would love to hear from you:
- You have some experience working as a developer in a professional setting.
- Familiar with API integrations (JSON, XML, SOAP etc.)
- Proficient technical problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose technical problems quickly
- Familiar with a range of SSO capabilities
- Knowledge in using AWS cloud technologies to develop, deploy and serve applications
- Knowledge of test automation, continuous integration and delivery and automated deployments
- Experience of Agile SCRUM or Kanban
- You have previous experience dealing with varied levels of stakeholders.
- You have previous exposure to clinical safety, data protection and its importance in the healthcare sector.
- You have an understanding of web technologies and the concept of Agile and Scrum methodologies in a digital environment, having worked with technical industries or environments such as e.g. healthcare.
- You have experience of working with software support tools such as Zendesk, Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
Personal traits, experiences and skills that make you great for this role:
- You have a strong analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to break down a problem, ask relevant questions to help design a solution that meets all requirements.
- You thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, and strong collaboration is paramount.
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, you’re proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- You’re comfortable dealing with challenging customers while always staying professional and keeping a calm head
- You are a confident communicator; written, verbal and in-person
- You have the ability to learn quickly and share knowledge & experience across other areas teams.
Why join Substrakt Health?
At Substrakt Health we believe that every person should be able to access their healthcare whenever, and wherever they are. To solve complex sector challenges, we work with the NHS to improve primary care services by developing human-centred digital products which harness the power of digital technology.
Substrakt Health creates web and mobile applications for digital healthcare. Our clients include Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), GP Federations and GP surgeries across the UK.
By supporting our clients with their digital transformation needs, we enable them to work towards an integrated care system, forming the bridge between primary and secondary care.
Life at Substrakt Health
At Substrakt Health we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding partnerships and work on exciting projects that add value to our clients and users.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and informal knowledge-sharing sessions.
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day one, flexible start and end times and remote working. We’ll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role at Substrakt Health will give you the work-life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Pension scheme
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training – anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role – and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment or a nice dinner!
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Free coffee from our artisan coffee machine (at the office)
- Team outings: summer-do and a Christmas party
- We want to ensure our team stays safe and is given as much flexibility as possible to manage the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and we have the following measures in place:
- Our team is currently working 100% remotely and will continue to do so until the pandemic is over.
- We are conducting all interviews for this role remotely.
- We allow flexitime as a standard to enable staff to meet caring commitments
- Quarterly team lunches and a varied selection of optional, relaxed social events.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of why you think you would be a good fit for this role along with a CV.
Substrakt Health is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies, please.