Deadline for application: 31st October 2019
Substrakt Health is a technology company working with the NHS to improve primary care services by developing user-centred digital products. You will be joining the company at an exciting time of growth. Our main product, PatientPack is being adopted by a patient population of +2m over several areas of the UK. We are collaborative and open in our approach, forming partnerships to solve big sector challenges.
At Substrakt Health we aim to foster an ambitious, supportive and collaborative working environment. As well as sending staff to conferences, hackdays and industry events, everyone has a professional development allowance. We also have several ‘employee perks’ to help ensure working life at Substrakt Health is a happy life. We value our staff and want to support their ambitions.
Main purpose of the role
Reporting directly to our Head of Delivery, the Product Owner will form a key part of our delivery team, ensuring our already successful product continues to grow and support new client needs.
Ideally, the person suited to this role may have come from a Project or Product Management background and is comfortable with the creation, upkeep and delivery of detailed product backlogs and associated roadmaps. They will be comfortable working within an Agile environment and working closely with all teams across the business. Additionally, they will be comfortable with working directly with our clients and partners, ensuring their product needs are understood, met and delivered.
- Work with developers and UX designers to ensure that new features are developed and released
- Work with patient and practice support and CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) to identify and refine product requirements to be delivered by the Development team
- Work with the Development Team to schedule and shape upcoming releases
- Working closely with the Substrakt Board to understand and align product direction and delivery to overall business objectives and strategy
- Work closely with QA and Customer Onboarding and Support to ensure the complete end to end client and customer journey is smooth and seamless
- Work with New Business and Marketing teams to ensure our product proposition is up to date and has clear points of differentiation in our marketplace
- Own and align multiple products offerings within our Healthcare products and services
- Manage project delivery of key work streams, acting as the key point of contact and communication between New Business, Design, Development and Onboarding & Support teams
- Work with the Business Development teams and Account Executives to develop user stories and to define acceptance criteria for new products and services based on client needs
- Manage and own the ongoing, prioritized backlog of requirements throughout the product lifecycle, ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work with during any given Sprint
- Creation and management of detailed product reporting and MI dashboards, and effectively communicate product performance to both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Work closely with Design teams to fully understand User Experience of our products and to identify, recommend and implement improvements to the overall User Experience
- Working with our support teams to ensure client feedback is captured and fed into product backlog for resolution
- Partner with our domain Subject Matter Expert to grow their own knowledge of the Health Sector and to support our clients accordingly
- Ensuring the business is fully aware of our product roadmap
- Ensuring the business is kept informed of emerging industry trends and opportunities, as well as assessing competitor products and services
- Creating and managing new ideas and suggestions through the Product Backlog to delivery
- Follow progress of work and address issues arising during design, development & support, taking an active role in mitigating problems that may impact successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
Essential requirements & knowledge/skills/experience
- 2 – 3 year years of prior Product Management or Project Management within a digital product environment
- Experience and understanding of working within End of End Product Lifecycle management
- Agile delivery experience
- Expert understanding of Confluence and JIRA
- Ideally understanding and exposure to the Healthcare sector
- Knowledge of information security for sensitive data and GDPR
- Ability to context switch
- Self-motivated, thorough, diligent and quality-orientated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Willing to share knowledge & experience across other team areas.
- Organised, pragmatic and flexible approach.
Please get in touch with Andy Hartwell and Ash Vora on email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter by 31st October 2019.