*No agencies please*
We have a new job vacancy for a Senior Full Stack Developer
|Position: Senior Full Stack Developer|
|Business area: Delivery team|
|Salary: 40-50k p.a. (depending on experience) + benefits|
|Reporting to: Head of Product|
|Location: UK-based. Flexible/remote options are available – the role-holder needs to be based in the UK and spend at least 1-2 days each month in our Birmingham office.|
|Deadline for application: 20th May 2022|
Substrakt Health is a technology company working with the NHS to improve primary care services by developing user-centered digital products. You will be joining the company at an exciting time of growth. Our main product, PatientPack is currently supporting 88,000 patients across the UK. We are collaborative and open in our approach, forming partnerships to solve big sector challenges.
We are looking for a friendly, diligent and knowledgeable senior full stack developer to join our team. You will be working across our portfolio of work, building new products, and maintaining live sites.
You will create and maintain quality web and native applications that benefit the full range of users who access our products.
Who you will be working with
We’re a small and friendly company. You’ll be working closely not only in the development team but also with our support, QA, UX and onboarding teams. We ask that everyone helps each other whenever possible which may mean occasionally switching context.
You’ll be helping to debug any issues that arise from support and give our UX designers feedback on tradeoffs with new features with regards to development time and potential unintended impacts on other scenarios in the application.
A typical day
- Attend a daily stand up with colleagues and update on your current work
- Review other developers’ work and provide constructive feedback
- Start the next highest priority feature in the sprint by writing tests and implementing feature requests
- Debug and fix issues that are raised by the support team or QA
To be great at this job we are looking for the following skills and experience:
These are the languages and frameworks you’ll be using on a daily basis. It would be great if you’ve worked on projects with at least two of these:
- Ruby on Rails (or if you know another MVC framework well)
These are the tools that you might be interacting with on a daily basis. It would be great if you have used at least 3 of the following:
- Docker (preferably with Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform or any others)
- Amazon Web Services and basic server management
- Experience of working with modern CI/CD and engineering tooling is preferred. We use GitLab extensively
- Good at communicating with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Keen to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Good at receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Unafraid to ask for help and proactive at keeping team members up to date on progress
Personal traits, experiences and skills that make you great for this role:
- Ability to context switch
- Self-motivated, thorough, diligent and quality-orientated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to share knowledge and experience across other team areas.
- Organised, pragmatic and flexible
Why Join Substrakt Health?
At Substrakt Health we believe that every person should be able to access their healthcare whenever, and wherever they are. To solve complex sector challenges, we work with the NHS to improve primary care services by developing human-centred digital products which harness the power of digital technology.
Substrakt Health creates web and mobile applications for digital healthcare. Our clients include Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), GP Federations and GP surgeries across the UK.
By supporting our clients with their digital transformation needs, we enable them to work towards an integrated care system, forming the bridge between primary and secondary care.
Life at Substrakt Health
At Substrakt Health we believe that work should be an enjoyable part of life and we put effort and resources into making this a reality for our team.
We have a friendly and supportive culture that enables our team to do their best work and develop their skills. We are selective about the clients we work with, so that we build rewarding partnerships and work on exciting projects that add value to our clients and users.
We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to grow. This includes formal training, going to industry conferences, and informal knowledge-sharing sessions.
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day one, flexible start and end times and remote working. We’ll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role at Substrakt Health will give you the work-life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Pension scheme.
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training – anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role – and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment or a nice dinner!
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Free coffee from our artisan coffee machine (at the office.)
- Quarterly team lunches and a varied selection of optional, relaxed social events.
- Team outings: summer-do and a Christmas party.
We want to ensure our team stays safe and is given as much flexibility as possible to manage the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and we have the following measures in place:
- Our team is currently working remotely but meets at the office once every fortnight.
- We are conducting all interviews for this role remotely.
- We allow flexitime as a standard to enable staff to meet caring commitments.
Please get in touch with Misty Michael on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.
Please send details of your experience, a link to your blog/portfolio or a link to some code that you’re proud of. You can send us a link for a public repo, or contact us and we can organise looking at a private repo. We promise we won’t share.
If you’re unable to show us an example of your code, we’ll set you a small technical task to test your coding prowess.
Substrakt Health is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Please just drop us a line if you have any questions or wish to discuss the role.