Our Vaccine and Immunisation App is the ideal solution for managing centralised mass vaccination campaigns, such as the flu or upcoming COVID-19 programmes.
Developed in partnership with one of our CCG clients, this digital solution integrates securely with clinical system providers (EMIS Web/SystmOne), enabling practices to complete the administration process for vaccination appointments in under 30 seconds.
See the app in action at a drive-through flu clinic in Woking
How it works
- Prior to a vaccination appointment, practices use our messaging system to send a web link to each patient via SMS
- When the patient arrives for their vaccination, they simply click on the link to generate a barcode, which is scanned by the practice using a tablet or smart phone. This link automatically retrieves the patient information
- The clinician administering the vaccine simply selects the batch number and the vaccine location and the information is automatically recorded on the patient’s medical record.
Key features and benefits
The app is an ideal solution for administrating mass vaccinations at locations set up specifically to deliver immunisations at scale
- Reduces the time needed to administrate vaccinations to under 30 seconds
- Reduces contact with patients minimising the potential spread of COVID-19
- Provides practices with the ability to complete vaccination administration off-site via a web browser or tablet
- Reduces administration burden and saves clinician time
- Vaccination reports available via the platform
- Integrates with EMIS Web and SystmOne clinical system providers
- Improves patient satisfaction by offering a quick and easy experience
- Complies with security standards set by NHS Digital
- Previous vaccinations and allergies are flagged
- Updates the national database on behalf of local teams
Read how one practice used the Vaccination and Immunisation App to transform the 2020 mass flu vaccination programme