We create technology that improves access to healthcare and empowers users who interact with it. We care about healthcare and the sustainability of the NHS.
Together we make a difference!
Substrakt Health is a fast-growing technology company working with the NHS to improve primary care services by developing user-centred digital products. You will be joining the company at an exciting time of growth.
We aim to find simple and meaningful solutions to complex and important problems, by asking better questions and listening carefully to the answers and by placing design thinking at the heart of everything we do.
By collaborating, simplifying, innovating and iterating across everything we do, we are actively changing the way people engage and interact with healthcare and are proud to work with the NHS. Our efforts make a real difference by helping healthcare professionals work more efficiently and patients access healthcare more easily on a daily basis. We provide our clients and end-users with an understanding of what’s possible in modern healthcare.
These values are reflected in our working environment with contributions to open-source software, strong engagement in communities and opportunities to influence policy and mindset.
The inclusive nature of our company puts accessibility firmly at the heart of our work, and our combined moral compass is well tuned so that the individuals are supported on those challenging days by a friendly team.
Our team is relatively small with great aspirations. We are collaborative, open and transparent in our approach, forming partnerships to solve big sector challenges. You will relish progression and being exposed to genuinely game-changing digital transformations within the health sector.
Wherever you are in the team, you will be involved in conceiving, crafting, testing and refining our solutions so we all take great pride in seeing them succeed.
At Substrakt Health we aim to foster an ambitious, supportive and collaborative working environment. The team are trusted and empowered to deliver their work to a high quality in line with our company objectives and product roadmaps which are regularly discussed and agreed. With this in mind, we offer flexibility in our working lives, with several team members working remotely all/some of the time and others from our Jewellery Quarter based studio.
Who you’ll be working with
Our team is talented, passionate and friendly with a diverse set of skills and experience, where everyone shares the same pursuit making an impact within the health sector. We follow agile principles, so your daily working life is structured around a clear rhythm, well-balanced communication and built-in flexibility giving you the time required to learn new skills and solve knotty challenges.
“Substrakt Health has given me the flexibility and more importantly an opportunity to have a career AND a work-life balance which allows me to juggle life as a mother for which I am truly grateful and it makes me more determined and want to go over and beyond in my role.”
We have a great set of benefits as standard:
- Flexible working patterns, agreed in advance and available from day one; flexible start and end times and remote working. We’ll discuss this with you upfront, so you can feel comfortable knowing a role here will give you the work-life balance you want.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and no fixed holiday dates, so you can use your leave when it suits you. Plus, your holiday will increase by a day for every two years you are part of the team.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- Annual allowance of £500 to spend on books, courses, conferences and training – anything that helps you build skills to thrive in your role – and 6 days off per year for you to focus exclusively on your professional development.
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance of £50 to spend on anything that helps you feel your healthiest and best self. This includes anything from hobbies, to the gym, to childcare, talking therapy, a donation to a cause you care about, entertainment or a nice dinner!
- Pension scheme
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Free coffee from our artisan coffee machine (at the office)
- Team outings: summer-do and a Christmas party
We don’t currently have any vacancies, but we are always looking for talented team members, so if you think you’ll be able to help our mission, then do get in touch.